Who is a Virtual Assitant?
A Virtual Assistant (or VA) is an online contractor who performs tasks relating to administrative support which can include calendar management, email management, data entry, and audio transcription. Within the industry, VAs tend to specialize in particular niches such as social media management, website creation, content writing, digital marketing, project management, and graphic design. Many virtual assistants have industry-specific specializations for tightly regulated fields such as real estate, health coaches, bloggers, and a host of other industries.
Does my Health Coaching Business Need a VA?
A virtual assistant is always an asset to a starting or thriving health coaching business that is in need of support. Your VA will help you manage all of the minutiae that are known to be time-consuming and consisting of an overwhelming amount of to-do list. These are the aspects of a business that distract you from focusing on the core of your business.
A Few Tasks Your Virtual Assistant Can Perform
- Social Media content curation, content research, and posting.
- Calendar management and appointment setting
- Email management and inbox organization.
- Audio transcription
- Travel booking
- Content writing
- Website design
- SEO/SEM management
- Project management
When Should a Health Coach Hire a Virtual Assistant?
“Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” ~ Peter Drucker
As it is in our nature as human beings to try and conquer the world, this also extends to trying to conquer our business all by ourselves. While this is a noble concept, no man is an island and we all need support at some stage. This is where a virtual assistant comes in.
Here are some telltale signs you are ready to hire a virtual assistant:
- Your inbox is overflowing with emails and you don’t have enough hours in the day.
- You are struggling to meet deadlines and implement systems to keep your business running smoothly.
- You are feeling so overwhelmed that you no longer enjoy the business you have worked so hard to get off the ground.
- You hate repetitive mundane tasks.
- You are struggling with your social media presence and either don’t have the time or know the strategies to improve your social presence.
- You are not very good at the technical aspects of your business and need someone to manage your website or blog.
- You are losing out on precious time with your friends and family from working 15+ hours each day, including weekends.
- You just need help!
Does this describe you? Then you are already at the first step in hiring your virtual assistant.